06 April 2008

Unrequited Love

Cats are weird creatures. I don't understand them at all. For instance, I walked into the bathroom this morning to find my wee one, Zeek, making out with a washcloth.





You'd think the cloth had been marinated in catnip, but it wasn't-- just soap and bathwater. She had evidently pulled it down from where it was drying in the tub.

Whenever I tell Mum about these weird things the kitties do, she says that they are "Scottish Fold traits." Okay, I might agree that when my cats do their silent meows or when they sit on my hand and won't let me type or drive the mouse (as Julian is doing right now) that's within the normal parameters of cat behavior, but having a crush on a washcloth? NOT NORMAL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

she thinks the washcloth is a male, a maybe a kitten needing nursing, or she needs nursing; when nervous sometimes a cat will nurse on a piece of bedspread.

Anonymous said...

remember it is the spring season for mating and having kittens

Two Silver Cats said...

In response to your comments-- she has done this before to washcloths. Her brother likes to chomp and chew (and subsequently barf) plastic bags, and I read that cats may be drawn to some of the fatty substances they use to make plastic bags. I wonder if Zeek is doing the same thing, but to the fats that are in soaps, especially since she can't reach the soap in the bathtub but she can smell and taste it in the washcloths.

Anonymous said...

i wish i knew how to quit you washcloth