04 June 2008

Memorial Day

So the day before Memorial Day I call Dad and he is going on and on about how Ellen and Kate are coming down for the parade and then he's going to take them out to breakfast, and he doesn't once invite me. So at 7:00 that morning I drive the 2 hours down to surprise them. I finally found them waiting for the parade outside of People's, which isn't a bank, and nearly caused an accident (but Ellen thoughtfully coached me on my driving practices-- it always seems like I only drive stupid when my sister is around).

We watched the parade go by, waiting for the Grand Moment when the Robotics team went by.


We were expecting nerf balls. There were no nerf balls. That disappointed us. There was a dancing dragon made from one of the big balls, though.


Afterwards, we went home and played with the kittens. There are about 3,982,237 of them. This one is especially adorable, on it's first trip outside:


Beep, my cats' mother, sensibly keeps her two kittens away from the others. This In a nearby nesting box there are three mother cats and a plethora of squirmy babies in a cuddle puddle.


We gave one of the cuddle puddle babies to Beep to see what she would do. She sniffed it, licked it, and promptly rolled on it.


This is one of the blue-eyed wee ones that belong with the not-Beep group. So very new, can't quite focus yet:



We spent a good couple of hours on the "deck", just talking, and I made the unfortunate mistake of letting my sister play with my camera. About thirty pictures like this ended up on it:



Although I will present to you the Nose Close-ups, I will spare you the Uvula Studies. Trust me, you do not want to see eleventy gazillion pictures of my sister's throat.


And this is just a neat kudzu-like vine over by the telephone pole. I just thought I'd finish with these images to "cleanse your palate" after my sister's pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well at least it is easy to see the at 11 million dollars mum and dad spent on my teeth were worth it....

Two Silver Cats said...

that was my thought as well!!