07 June 2009

Visiting Addison

So if you remember last year, it was utterly pouring when we went to visit Papa and Freddie. This year it wasn't pouring, but it definitely was grey. The rain held off while we wandered around in the cemetery...


I think the saddest thing was the little toys that my cousins had left on Papa's grave were gone. I know little plastic dogs clog up lawnmowers, so someone probably thought it was time for them to go. It's just sad, because it showed that somebody besides Mum and me came up to visit. A stranger wandering by wouldn't know that Papa liked cocker spaniels or that he had grandchildren who gave him their McDonald's toys-- the toys gave a sense of individuality and character to the grave. Now they're gone.


I should get Papa a giant wooden raccoon, like this guy has. Because no grave is complete without a giant wooden raccoon.


Then we went up the hill to visit the babies.


I wish I knew more about them, like what they died from.


Mum and I looked everywhere, but we couldn't find their parents. I think we do this every year, we just forget that we do it. Do you think the babies feel lonely without their parents around?


At least their big brother is beside them.

And up the hill...

... we found the twins Henry and Henrietta and their big brother Hamilton. Man, how come people don't name their kids names like this any more?!?!





And of course, no trip to visit Papa would be complete without visiting the llamas.

1 comment:

gravitystix said...

I was surprisingly unaware of your blog. I like it. Much more picture-oriented than mine. I wish I could do more with pictures.

But however can you tell your cats apart?! They look so similar! But they do look like they have entirely different personalities.