12 June 2010

Babies and Cats

So between visiting cemeteries we just hung around at home and chilled out. Upstairs I found these two pictures, both with the same goofy-looking rubber lamb. Can you tell who these people are?

The top is my Mum, in 1949, and the bottom is me, in 1978. I had a hard time recognizing myself because the picture is so dark-- for the longest time I thought it was Ellen, because she has the dark olive skin from my Dad's side of the family and I have the pale slightly freckly skin from my Mum's side... but eventually I figured out it was me-- though slightly underexposed (or tanned?) -- mostly because of that ridiculous widow's peak. Mum says when I was little I used to reach up and pull own my hair out. There are pictures of me where I have nearly a mohawk... yeah, I was just a punk kid or something.

We still have the lamb, by the way. It hangs out on Dad's bureau. It kinda freaks me out.

Meanwhile, downstairs, we have a cat infestation. This little guy is pretty cute, though.


Here is Mum snuggling with this little kitten who is tiny and has weird eyes and has a seizures and can't walk very well. Mum says that since I majored in Special Ed/Mental Retardation and am a Special Education teacher, I should stop calling the cat "Gimpytard."



Angus wanted some attention too.


But Nanny just ignored the whole situation.

No comments: