23 March 2008

Hamster Blankie is done!

So this weekend I was determined to finish the Hamster Blankie, even though I really didn't want to end it. It has been my favorite project in a while, and it is so soft and cuddly and perfect. I had blocked it last weekend and I had been experimenting with what kind of yarn I wanted for the seam and edging. I finally decided on using a little of the Great Adirondack Yarn Company's Serengeti II, which I can't find a great picture of, but this one's close enough. It's very rainbowy and the yellows and greens and purples take the edge off all that blue and red. I just want to find a random little baby boy and wrap him up in this blanket!


Of course I don't have a place big enough in my house to model this properly, but I think you get the idea.



The final measurements of this blankie ended up being 28" X 32"-- not too big, not too small. It's a good thickness too-- sturdy enough to be drooled on and tugged on by little fingers, but not too heavy to be for winter use only.


Now all I have to do is wait for the little sprout to be born!

No comments: