01 March 2008

Snowed- in Saturday

It's white out there. Crazy white. The different weather sites say anything from 4 to 16 inches, which is quite a wide range, in my opinion. It's a doozy, whatever it is. This morning I could see my neighbor's truck across the yard, but it's gotten progressively whiter and whiter as the day has gone on.


The branches are bending down, heavy and tired.


I love watching the kitties watch the snow. They're both strictly indoor cats, so they have never stepped on snow or had it fall on them. I don't know if they know what it would be like out there, but they certainly like to watch it.


While winter seems interminable around here, there is a small miracle happening in my kitchen:


The first tiniest little green sprout is poking up through the dirt.


It's a johnny-jump-up, which is weird, because the packet says they germinate slowly, in 14-21 days, while the basil should take 5-7 days. Maybe this is one little violet seed that was extremely anxious to grow!

No comments: