17 December 2007

Christmas presents galore!!!

<----- Angus's contented yet goofy Christmas grin is exactly how I feel right now......

So, after shoveling out the foot or so of snow that fell yesterday (and ice and freezing rain and all that ick) I was finally able to get to my mailbox. There was the key, signaling that I had a package. It took me a while to get the stupid lock to work (it was frozen shut and the key was bent... grr!) but I finally succeed. Inside was a box from the Loopy Ewe. A big box. Two big for just two skeins of yarn. Huh. So I went inside and while I was thawing I opened it. There was more than two skeins of yarn in there-- it just so happened that this was my sixth order and I have now been honored as an official Loopy Groupie!! There were tons of surprises in that box-- Loopy kisses of many sorts (SHEEP! I love sheep!) and a tote and a lovely note from Sheri! Oh, it made me cry, it was so wonderful and incredible. And the Regia matches Dad's socks perfectly. It was certainly worth battling this crazy weather and the intolerable wait to get this package. Thank you, Sheri!! :) :)

And I also got a girt from my ed tech Judy-- fudge sauce, strawberry sauce and homemade gingersnaps. Mmmmmmmm. It's been a tradition the last few years for me to tuck them back into the little bag and "regift" them to my Dad. We open them up during Christmas break and have ice cream sundaes. Mmmm. And Julian, the weirdo, likes the cookies. Is it normal for cats to like bready-type food? Actually, now he doesn't want to eat the cookie crumbs but rather bonk at them with his head. Crazy cat.

So I am planning a relaxing evening with my beautiful new yarn and finishing at least one sock while watching a Christmas movie. I am so happy! :)

(For some reason I have this stuck in my head, even though it has nothing to do with anything... just happy music, I guess:)

There's so much joy in life,
so many pleasures all around
But the pleasure of insomnia
is one I've never found
With all life has to offer,
there's so much to be enjoyed
But the pleasures of insomnia
are ones I can't avoid


Lids down, I count sheep
I count heartbeats
The only thing that counts is
that I won't sleep
I countdown, I look around

Who needs sleep?
well you're never gonna get it
Who needs sleep?
tell me what's that for
Who needs sleep?
be happy with what you're getting
There's a guy who's been awake
since the Second World War

Yay BNL!!

No comments: