09 December 2007

Cleaning Whirlwind

So today I tackled the Cozy Room. It needed it. I have had the space heater running, and I also have a tendency to throw the junk mail on the floor, and that only makes this place MORE of a fire hazard. So I decided to clean. And so I filled two trash bags with god knows what (crap crap crap, crap that I will no longer keep) and when I found the floor I decided to vacuum. The problem is, nobody in this entire town, county, state or nation sells size T vacuum bags. Nobody. Or maybe just not in the six different places that I have tried in the last few weeks. Ugh. So I tried using these generic bags that my Mum had gotten for me, but they didn't work. Finally I did the unthinkable and just used the vacuum with no bag in it (yet another fire hazard) and I cleaned it out every three minutes or so. BIG SIGH. The nice thing now is that I am no longer stepping in kitty litter that two rambunctious felines have tracked everywhere.

But now the cozy room is clean, and I am clean (post-shower) and I will go back to my Dad's socks. The foot is about 5 1/2 inches long so far (I need it to be about 10 inches) and I have a ball of yarn a little bigger than a ping-pong ball at this point. I ordered some hunter green yarn last night to finish off the toes, but since it will be at least mid-week until it arrives I think when I get down to my last yard or so of the Interlacements I will use some random needles to hold the stitches and then I will start the second sock.

No comments: