08 December 2007

Dad's Socks

So tonight I'm watching "The Stepford Wives" (the new one) which I got at Bud's for $6.99-- I wasn't going to buy any more movies until after Christmas but oh well... and I am working on my Dad's present. I don't have a camera to show off my progress but here's the yarn I'm using. The yarn is darker in real life, and is more Christmas colors-- lots of maroon and dark green. I'm using a modified Thuja pattern from Knitty which is one of my favorite quick and easy sock patterns. I don't have enough yarn to make the whole sock this color (I should have bought three skeins but I will make due with two), so I may make the last third of the foot a hunter green. I don't really think Dad will mind a pair of Frankensocks. One of these days I am going to teach myself how to start toe-up and/or do a better job estimating yardage, but for now...

No comments: