15 February 2008

A Book by Ellen

I was cleaning my bookshelf this morning and I came across a book that my little sister had made when she was seven and a half years old. It is called "My Mother and Father", and I will now share the entire book with you now.


Title: My Mother and Father
By: Ellen
Date: Oct. 1990


Dedication: This book is dedicated to my mother and father.

Hi my name is Ellen. My mother's name is Sally. But I don't call my mother Sally. I call her mom.



(This is the only drawing in the book. All the other pages are blank except for the words. My sister was obviously a brilliant author, and had a great editing staff, but she was not a very promising illustrator. )


Ralph is my father's name.

But right now we are going to talk about my mother. My mother has four jobs. One is to help with the publishing in my school. I can't think of her other jobs.

But I can tell you more about my mother. Like the way she cooks, and many other things.

Now it is time to talk about my dad. My dad is very special to me.

When it is dad's turn to cook supper, he takes us out, unless he cooks Chinese food in a wok.

My father likes to read to me. I like to read to my father.

Now it is time to talk about my mother and father. Sometimes they bring me to Fun Town without my sister.

There's one thing I'm not too happy about. That is when my mother broke her leg. I was the one who spilled the water and she slipped and broke her leg.
I did not wipe up the water.

This is something that I'm happy about. When I bumped my face on the stone wall, they took me to the hospital. But I did not really break my face.

The End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that story was unbelievably brilliant! It had a definite beginning, middle, and end, and I see that the title was entirely appropriate given the clear content of the book.

I tend to disagree with you about the illustration comment though (“but she was not a very promising illustrator.”); I believe instead that the pure genius of her artistic talent was demonstrated in the first drawing such that no additional drawings were necessary.

Two Silver Cats said...

Well, I WAS referring to her current obsession with drawing perfect G-clefs, hearts and chickens, none of which appear in this book.