01 February 2008

Leftover Soup

No, I don't mean I have too much soup-- I mean I had too many leftovers. Thus, I mixed them all together and now there is more space in my fridge.

The ingredients:

>1 can ready-to-serve vegetable soup, the kind with kidney beans (like minestrone but without the pasta)

>a couple of spoonfuls of leftover brown rice (four days old)

>a couple of spoonfuls of leftover pasta-in-spaghetti-sauce (five days old, maybe older, who knows)

>a handful or so of frozen vegetables that was all that was left in a baggie that I found in the way back of the freezer

>a couple of leaves from a small basil plant that I am willing will make it through the winter

>a couple of leaves from a small sage plant, ditto

...surprisingly, it wasn't that bad, though it did look a little like puke.


This is the little plant I am wishing will survive the winter. Don't die, little plant! (you would think that it wouldn't like being near this drafty window, but it's liking it better here than it did across the room.)


Julian isn't letting me type, by the way. I'm not left handed but my mouse is, and Julian likes to plop his fat butt right on me and "help", but all he manages to do is press random buttons and delete things and irritate me.


Awww, all the big baby wanted was snuggle time.

No comments: