21 February 2008

Mid-Vacation

So my vacation's been pretty slow. It's lovely! On Tuesday I sat on the floor and wound the red yarn for the Hamster blankie. This yarn was devilishly hard to wind-- I ended up with three small balls instead of one big one. Grrr. But that's fine since I'm making stripes.


Julian watched me...


...but didn't want his picture taken. (I ended up with about fifteen shots like this, all of him looking in the wrong direction just as the camera clicked.)


Later that afternoon I left to go visit my parents for a few days. I left the cats and the bunnies behind, but brought with me a vacuum cleaner and a chocolate chip cookie pie.

Just before I left I spied Julian staring at me with great big Puss in Boots eyes on top of the laundry pile. I could almost hear him saying, "don't go, pweeese! Don't leeeaaaaaave me!!!"

Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor kitty.

No comments: