22 February 2008

Home again home again jiggety jig

So I went and visited my parents for two days. As soon as I got home Angus presented me with his precious green fluffle.


Angus is the most magnificent cat in the whole world. You would think that an animal such as him would need at least one brain cell to survive, but not Angus. He survives on pure stupidity.


Mum and Dad are bizarre, as usual. Dad's been busy constructing his robot (he had a dream where he was in an endless succession of rooms filled with high-school boys and zillions of robots). Mum gave me a new vacuum and a plant:


Each night, after the news, we watched a different movie that I had picked out for them: Little Miss Sunshine and Running With Scissors. Dad says he questions my taste in movies, but then again this is coming from someone whose favorite actress is Sandra Bullock.

While watching Running With Scissors, Mum saw that Kristin Chenoweth was in it, and Mum came out with one of those eloquent and profound statements that only my mother could make:

"She doesn't look the way I thought she would sound."

Dad and I gave each other a significant glance and then simultaneously face-palmed.


(This is Mum and her soulmate, apparently.)

I went out to Fort Williams to play with my camera, and when I came home Dad said, "show me the lighthouse", and I have got to admit these are the crappiest pictures that I have ever taken of it.



However, I got this neat shot as I was leaving...


...and this one of the picnic building on the hill is my favorite of all... it looks utterly abandoned, very lonely, and the way the trees frame it, and the way the sun casts that haze-- I don't know. I just really like it.


and later I went to Kettle Cove and got these pictures which came out rather neat...


As I took these, the temperature was about 20 degrees and the wind was pretty strong, so I just about froze out there. However, I love the skeletal trees and the monochrome effect of winter. I love how the low winter sun and the hazy snow-clouds wash everything out and yet make everything so crisp.

(I just know Dad, Mr. Professional Photographer himself, is going to say "ummm", but I like them. So plbplbplb-- I could have just taken endless pictures of Mr. Intelligent the whole time...)

No comments: