24 February 2008

Scenes from a clean bathroom

Once in a while (once in a great while) I get this urge to clean things. This vacation I've cleaned the cozy room and the kitchen, and then yesterday I completely lost my mind and cleaned the bathroom. This is proof that I have finally gone over the edge.


(If you're wondering why there's a bowl on the floor, it's for the cats. They don't want their water out in the kitchen by their food. They want it in the bathroom, and if it is not provided for them, they lap the sink and tub faucets or else dive head-first into the toilet. When the bowl is empty [read "has less than ten lapfuls of water in it"], which is usually at 3 o'clock in the morning, they will rattle it and toss it around and make such a racket that even a heavy sleeper like myself is woken. They are vedddddy particular about that stupid bowl.)


This must be the beginning of Spring-- I am spring-cleaning already! And yesterday I went out and spent a whole five dollars on all of the components for this:


On the left will soon be basil, and on the right violets (johnny-jump-ups). Squeeeeeeeee!

So it is a lovely day today, by the way-- sunny and bright and warm (45 degrees!) and everything is melty outside. I went for a quick drive today before heading for school, and this corn thingy caught my eye. I don't exactly know what they do with all that dried-up corn (there is a cow barn nearby, so it is probably winter fodder-- yum yum) but it certainly looks interesting in that big thingy, in a Laura Ingalls Wilder sort of way.


Not too far from the corn is a hill where you can see forever. That might be Mt. Katahdin way in the back there with the snow on it, but I'm not sure.


Whatever it is, it is a great thing to glimpse as I crest over that hill.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

like the clean rooms--look real nice! angus is well and happy--cut his toes nails today..no big deal for angus, he just lays there and says: "what are you doing to my toes, anyway?" I will save you a coffee can for a pudding steamer. watch out for the snow tonight looks like we are going to get buried again. 12-14 inches interior maine mom

Anonymous said...

Did you get the resident dust bunnies who live behind the bathroom door?

Two Silver Cats said...

I had to evict them. They were WAAAAAAAAAAY overdue with their rent.