01 January 2008

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrggghhhhh more snow.


This is my car. See the while stuff on my car? See the white flakes? See me shake my tiny fist in the air and howl like a Wookiee. 10-12 more inches of it expected tonight! Argh. Feeling just a smidgen of cabin fever here. Just a smidgen. Even when I go out there's no place to go because it's the holidays and nothing is open and the roads are terrible. I don't know how I feel that tomorrow school might be canceled-- on one hand, I love getting that early-morning "no-school-go-back-to-bed" phone call, but on the other hand, I may just die from the monotony.

Just talked to Mum and Dad-- they are both bored to tears as well. Dad went to school just to get out of the house and while he was out Mum ate all of Dad's roast beef. I think there's a nursery rhyme in there somewhere.

So yesterday I made this soup stuff-- get this: black beans boiled for a while, then rice, then pasta; then spices (which included fennel seed, ginger root and orange peel, which are all rumored to take the gas out of beans), then lots of dried onion, all simmered together with lots of parmesan cheese, then Bisquick dumplings on top. I know it sounds revolting, but it wasn't bad. I wanted soup but I didn't have any vegetables nor a soup starter mix, so this is what I ended up with. I wanted stew, a nice thick meatless stew with carrots and potatoes and onions, with dumplings on top, but I ended up with a sort of thick minestrone sans vegetables. Interesting. It made my house smell wonderful. I love homemade soup smell. The funny thing was today when I went out to get the mail I smelled soup coming from several of the other houses. I guess they all had the same urge too.

This picture cracks me up. I think Eeyore has every right to be terrified of a spiky potato.

No comments: