26 January 2008

Sicky Saturday

Two of my kids have had strep this past week, and now I'm feeling blaaaaaaaaah. I've gotten immune to most bugs the kids bring to school, but every once in a while they bring in a doozy. I hate feeling sick. Every time I get on the computer Julian holds my hand, kitty-style. I think he knows I'm not feeling so hot.

He looks a little like a concerned doctor in this pose, taking my pulse:


So, you know how the kitties rarely sleep together? Once in a great while they snuggle in the basket in the window, and they lick each other's heads, and it's generally a show of dominance (after a while the "loser" hops out of the basket--and surprisingly it's not always Zeek). Today I found the two of them in the basket. Julian was either hugging Zeek or strangling her-- you decide:


A close-up:


Zeek's all like... "um, a little help here?"


They didn't seem to mind when I perched crappy sock #2 on them:


It got a precursory sniff from Zeek...


...and then a few hearty noms. Mmmm, yummy needles. Nom nom nom.



And yes, the second sock is coming out just as crappy as the first one. I was really careful with the pattern this time, but I still messed up in a few places. The heel on this one is better though-- I just think I miscounted and/or was horribly inattentive last time. I don't think the crappiness of the knitting will affect the wearabilty of the sock in any way-- it just upsets me that I've made about 10 pairs of socks since September for other people and they've all come out great, and then I go to make a pair for myself and they come out like poo.

No comments: