07 January 2008

Blackout

So last night the power went out for two hours. The whole area was out-- it was really freaky seeing no lights across the thoroughfare other than headlights. It was crazy dark. There was not much to do but sit around and take pictures of the candles. Oooooh, pretty.



But just when I was getting bored (and cold) the phone rang. I thought it was my neighbors-- but no, it was my friend Bri, who was working an all-night shift and was very bored! So I sat under my cozy-room table in a comfy little cave, in the dark, and we talked for an hour. It was great! The hamster is now more of a football, or so Bri says. She has invited me to come to the hospital when he is ready to hatch! I am very excited. She wants me to hold her hand and everything! :)

So that's about where I am now. Tomorrow night I have class, and then I have two professional development days in a row-- one afternoon and one morning. We haven't had a full week of school for ages and now we have to slog through until February... ugggggghhhh.... but we'll get a lot done. The kids are excited about getting back on track.

This is what Julian does when the power goes out...



....And what he was looking at.


No comments: