21 January 2008

Cherry Blossom sock #1 done!

So this first sock is done. It came out like crap. The yarn is thinner than I like, the divisions between the needles show, I goofed on a needle and K1 P1-ed instead of P1 K1-ing but didn't notice it until about six rounds later, the pattern is lost in the color scheme, the heel turn isn't quite symmetrical, the cuff ribbing is shoddy, and to top it all off I made it too big. But the good news is I tried a new pattern and I think I like it. I couldn't quite "see" the pattern when I was making it, but after taking a bazillion photos in a bazillion different angles and lighting conditions, I think I see diamonds.




I have made the tough decision to start the second sock instead of starting over. If the second sock ends up being the same degree of crappiness, I will call it good. If a miracle happens and it comes out a million times better than the first one, then I will just have to do the first one again.


It's been the only truly crappy sock that I have made in a long time.

No comments: