13 January 2008

A Winter Weekend

So this weekend was really warm and Spring-like, which just means we are going to get hammered the next few months. Still, it's pretty to look at.




I love the little camp/fishing shack on the right of this picture (click on it to embiggeren). Every time I drive by I just fall in love with it.


But, not everything around here is quite so lovely. I went on some errands this weekend and look what somebody had parked in a nearby parking lot:



I could just imagine one of the rednecks around here saying, "Uhhh, dude, where's my house?"


So I spent a teensy bit of the Christmas money not on fuel. Bad me. But I was tired of having these beautiful hanks of yarn and no real way to wind them, so I bought myself a swift. It was the cheapest one they had, and certainly not the flashiest, but it's so much easier to use this thing than to wind yarn around two back-to-back chairs.


This yarn is Interlacements' Reds Plus which Mum got me for Christmas. Yes, it's different shades of crimson and maroon, but also has little bits of purple and charcoal in it.


But after winding it all up I realized I was more in the mood for something less dramatic. Usually I'm not in the mood for something lacy or pink, but there's something about this yarn that I love... maybe it's the fact that it is incredibly soft, and I'm trying out a new pattern, and the colors seem to be swirling interestingly... I think I like it.


No comments: