02 January 2008

Another snowstorm

This is the view from my back door. Lovely, huh? This was completely shoveled out to the ground yesterday.


This is my back door. Note the killer icicles. If ninjas or pirates or raptors attack, I have a nice arsenal right at hand.

And this is my bay window. The drifts go right up to the bottom of the window-- that's about three and a half feet.


Yay more snow. And hey, it was a snow day after all, so here I am being lazy and slothy again. There's waaaaay too much snow for me to shovel, so I asked a neighbor to snowblow for me. He'll be here in a little bit.

Julian is sparkly. I love petting him at night when the lights are off and he is purring and he looks like a wintergreen lifesavers. I wonder if it hurts him. He doesn't seem to mind all the sparklies (any excuse to get petted!). I read somewhere that you can rub them down with a dryer sheet, but since Julian likes to eat (and subsequently barf) dryer sheets I think that would be a bad idea. Right now he's looking out at the snow and purring. He wants to lie on my hand while I type, but I keep telling him that's not going to happen. His favorite hobby is walking on the laptop whenever I inadvertently leave it open and running, and he types random commands in. I think he is looking for either ctrl + alt + del or else the self-destruct command.

No comments: